Regularly updated blogs are a great addition to your website. In this week's webchat, Brendan and Brooke discuss blogs, their SEO benefits and how it gives you an edge over your competition.
Regular blogs, news articles or testimonials have great SEO benefits for your website.
- Google considers how often your website is updated when ranking in search results. So a regularly updated blog will help your search engine ranking.
- Blogs often have their own URL, allowing you to easily share articles on social media and increase visitors to your website, boosting relevant traffic to your website.
Distinguishing your business from your competitors
One of the main reasons customers visit your website is to determine whether to choose you over your competitors.
- A regularly updated blog helps customers humanise your brand and get an idea of how your business operates. This will make it easier for customers to understand if you're the right fit for them.
- Writing blogs about your industry also help customers distinguish that you are experts in your industry.
- Blogging about changes in your industry will help customers understand that you are aware of the dynamic environment and are responding to your industry's changing environment.
Regular blogs require some effort on your part, however, you'll find the benefits outweigh the small amount of effort required.
If you don't have a blog or news section on your website and are ready to start blogging, get in touch with us!
Do you know someone who should be blogging and needs to know the benefits? Share this webchat with them!