Office 365 is cloud-based subscription service which gives you access to an advance email system, which has many great features that go beyond standard email and collaboration programs. Our Directors, James and Brendan detail the benefits Office 365 and the costs involved.
Most our clients have access to our standard emails hosting as an inclusion with their website hosting and internet service providers sometimes offer this as an included service also. These are email services have basic emailing abilities that may cater for the needs for many users. However if you're after something more powerful, then there's a few good reasons for you to consider Office 365.
Benefits of Office 365
- Large mailbox - Office 365 is equipped to handle large mailboxes, even ones as large as several gigabytes. Many basic email clients tend to load slower or get clunky when a mailbox becomes too large.
- Emails, calendars and contacts syncing between devices - this is a great feature if you're wanting to easily access the emails from multiple devices (desktop, phone, laptop etc.)
- Shared access to mailboxes - Office 365 allows you to have standard mailboxes that allow multiple people to have access to (e.g. [email protected] or [email protected] etc.). This is handy to use for general enquiries so if someone is away or unable to access their emails, other team members can access the mailbox and respond accordingly
- Shared access to calendars - This makes booking in appointments for other team members easy. With shared calendars, you're able to see your team's availability, upcoming appointments and schedule appointments
- Customisable, particularly with handling spam - With basic email services, there are usually only basic filtering that often can't be tailored to each mailbox. However with Office 365, we are able to customised the spam filtering to your needs.
Office 365 Pricing
The cost of Office 365 is based on per user, per month. Prices start from around $7.00 user/month for Business Essentials and around $13.00 user/month for a Business account, which is bundled with Office applications like Word, PowerPoint etc. For a full breakdown of costs and inclusions, visit the Microsoft Office website.
There is also usually a cost in transitioning your existing mailbox to Office 365, however we can do this pretty efficiently.
If you're interested in setting your emails up on Office 365, get in contact with us.