Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge with Clevvi
Clevvi is looking for a qualified Business Intelligence Developer to join our Gold Coast team.
In this role, a background in data and business analysis and excellent analytical communications skills is a must. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we’d like to meet you.
Clevvi is Queensland's leading digital innovation consultancy. Operating since 2004, Clevvi's mission is to help businesses increase their profits through clever use of technology and digital innovations.
Our close knit team excels at using our cross-functional knowledge to solve problems and create opportunities for our clients. With offices in Toowoomba and the Gold Coast, our Engineering/Automation and Digital Marketing teams provide our clients with a broad range of innovative and integrated solutions.
From custom integrations to complex application design and programming, Clevvi is committed to finding innovative solutions for a range of industries.
In this role, you will, ultimately, work to enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions. Key responsibilities include:
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy)
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Industry experience is preferred
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude